The liver is the largest organ in the body. Therefore, liver health is essential to play its role in regulating life processes. Its primary functions are refining and detoxifying everything, including food, air, and anything absorbed through the skin.
The liver stores vitamins, minerals and sugars, regulates fat stores and controls the production and excretion of cholesterol. In addition, the bile, produced by liver cells, helps digest food and absorb essential nutrients.
Liver health neutralises and destroys poisonous substances and metabolises alcohol. It helps the body resist infection and removes bacteria from the bloodstream.
Some suggestions for a healthier liver:
- Eat more fresh foods. Eat liver supporting fruits such as papaya, avocado and watermelon. In addition, spinach, cabbage, cucumber, carrots, tomatoes, beans and sprouts are suitable agents for defending the liver against diseases. Other types of foods that aid in the liver’s detoxification include broccoli, garlic, beets, onions, wheat germ, mushrooms, and turmeric. Be aware of your fat consumption. Foods that are fatty and oily are not healthy for the liver. Also challenging for the liver to process are dairy products, processed foods and saturated fats.
- Drink much more water daily. Water is the best agent when it comes to cleansing your liver. It helps flush toxins from the body, which will invigorate your whole system. In addition, fresh orange and lemon juices are good for you. These juices contain healthy acids that are beneficial for the general cleansing of your liver and body.
- Monitor your sugar intake. Consuming refined sugar is not only unhealthy for your liver but will substantially increase body fat. In addition, when the liver processes excess sugar, it will convert it into fats and cholesterol contributing to weight gain and cardiovascular diseases.
- Avoid drinking too much alcohol. Alcohols are complex for the liver to process. Therefore, over time alcohol consumption will contribute to liver fatty and disease.
- Stop smoking and stay away from toxins and pollution. Your liver filters inhaled air from the lungs. So if you are breathing unhealthy air from your environment, chances are your liver will become ill. People who smoke have a high risk of developing liver cancer and other diseases involving significant organs.
- Do a detox and liver flush. The liver flush is a natural treatment to detox your liver and remove gallstones from your gallbladder.
The Liver Flush
We use natural ingredients at New Leaf Detox Resort, and all the guests have a successful result. As it is high in malic acid, we use apple juice, so it acts as a solvent to weaken adhesions between solid globules. Next, Epsom salts (magnesium sulphate) relaxes smooth muscle. It will settle and dilate the bile duct to enable larger solid particles (like gallstones) to exit the gallbladder. Finally, unrefined olive oil stimulates the gallbladder and bile duct to contract and expel gallstones. People often notice small pellets or balls in their stool, which can range in size and color.